Meet Our Therapists:
Stephanie Quinby, E-RYT 200/CMT
Stephanie Quinby, owner of RVA Massage and Wellness, LLC, is certified by the Virginia Board of Nursing and serves as a Gubernatorial appointee and Vice Chairperson for the Advisory Board on Massage Therapy for the State of Virginia.
She maintains her Professional Membership with the American Massage Therapy Association and with Yoga Alliance. Stephanie also currently teaches yoga classes at Project Yoga Richmond.
Stephanie uses a variety of techniques to help reduce stress, promote pain reduction and injury prevention. She practices with a holistic and client-focused approach placing value on open communication between therapist and client. She is dependable, professional and offers the highest quality services. She has been practicing Massage and Bodywork since 2008 and teaching yoga since 2007. Her specialties include Therapeutic Massage, Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue and Sports Massage.
- "This was the best massage experience I've ever had in Richmond and one of the best massages I've ever received. I love the vibe at RVA M/W and found Stephanie to be knowledgeable, kind, and truly gifted at what she does. Thanks so much!"
- I am loathe to tell others about Stephanie's skill as it may make it more difficult for me to schedule an appointment, but nonetheless, she is at the very pinnacle of massage therapists that I have experienced (and that's quite a few). She targeted my trouble spot (IT band) and by the time I left, I was virtually pain-free. Excellent technique, pressure and very knowledgeable, I was so impressed that I have purchased a package for the new year!
- “As a former NCAA athlete and retired Marine, I have over-used many of my joints. Massage therapy has been a part of my routine for health management for quite some time as a consequence and Stephanie is absolutely the best at her profession I have met, anywhere (and that includes Japan and China!). I particularly appreciate the attention she pays to stretching and toning the supporting musculature around my knees. I absolutely recommend her services- she is the best!” ~J.M.
- “Stephanie Quinby is just amazing! Last year when I had a rotator cuff injury and was healing very slowly with physical therapy, her massage treatments speeded up recovery greatly. With her help, I was able to gain mobility in that joint, and much of the pain was eased. Now that my injury had healed, regular massage helps alleviate soreness caused by stress and too many hours at the computer. Stephanie has a knack for finding the areas in which I hold tension and working that tension out. I would highly recommend Stephanie to anyone considering massage. She is a skilled and caring health care professional. ” ~K.D.
- “I have been receiving massages from Stephanie for the past 2 years for low back pain and related issues. She is an intuitive and compassionate massage therapist who individualizes each therapeutic massage as to what my body needs. Her knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body paired with her organic ability to intuitively sense the underlying status of the musculature makes each massage she gives a refuge from pain and physical suffering. I would highly recommend Stephanie to anyone wanting to heal their body from injury or who just want to find relief from the effects of stress. You’re in great hands!” ~T.B. – Happy client
Emily Akers, CMT
Emily Akers is a graduate of the American Institute of Massage and is a certified massage therapist through the Virginia Board of Nursing.
She believes that stress relief is essential in today’s hectic world, and she seeks to improve her clients’ well-being through relaxation massage in a positive, caring environment. In addition to being a massage therapist, Emily is a reflexology apprentice and is working toward her certification through the Baltimore School of Reflexology.
- Emily was awesome! One of the best massages I've had.
- “Emily gives the most soothing massage I have ever had, while still working out all the kinks that come with daily stress and a lot of exercise. She creates a quiet, calm atmosphere that always creates the getaway I am looking for. Emily is always very responsive to feedback and suggestions and always remembers from one massage to another what we have changed. She is professional, always pleasant, and clearly loves what she is doing. I highly recommend Emily for any massage needs.” --T.T.
- “Emily is conscientious and has the perfect natural touch which is not too hard and not too easy. I can't say enough about her pleasant warm personality as well. She seems to give 100% every time and it really translates into a healing massage. I've stopped looking for other people after I found Emily!” --M.T.
- “I have known Emily for quite a while, and I'm so impressed with her compassion, technique, and the enthusiasm that she brings to the massage table. She truly has a remarkable gift, and her healing touch has made a huge difference in my life. As a massage therapist myself, I know the importance of having your therapist listen to your concerns and address them accordingly, which Emily always does. I have heard wonderful accolades from some of her other clients and know that she has improved their quality of life. Can't wait for my next session with Emily.” --W.A.
Anna Marie Heaton, CMT
Anna Marie graduated from Brian Utting School of Massage in Seattle, WA and has been practicing since 2008. She offers intuitive, client-centered, therapeutic massage, and believes in the body's innate ability to heal itself. She is certified through the Virginia Board of Nursing and her modalities include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular Technique, Sports massage, and injury assessment and treatment.
Anna Marie is also an RVA transplant by way of Seattle, a mother to a very active baby boy, a yoga enthusiast, and a newbie runner (she'll be running her first Monument Avenue 10k this spring and then off to half marathon training!). She is available for massage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- "I had a great massage with Anna Marie. She spent a lot of time understanding what issues I needed help resolving, and then not only addressed them in the massage, but gave me tips on stretches and things I can do on my own to help. She took creative approaches and really made me feel at ease, even though I hadn't had a massage in years. I will definitely be returning, and I recommend her highly!"
- "I LOVE Anna Marie! ! I was so sad when she moved from Seattle, because she has a real sensitivity to her clients' needs, and my body misses her very much. I am a yoga teacher, so was able to describe what I thought to be my issues, but Anna always gently but directly went to the source of the concern. Anna has an intuitive sense, and combined with her experience, that sense always guided her as she brought my body back into balance. She is very strong, and is a master at tempering that strength to suit each area of the body. Anna is an extraordinary masseuse and if you are lucky enough to get a massage from her, you will also be a life-long fan!" --S.C.
- "Shortly before a week-long surf trip, I strained several muscles in my shoulder, back, and side. I thought I would have to cancel the trip, or sit on the shore the whole time. Then I met Anna, and she fixed it all in one massage session. She listened carefully to my description of what ailed me, found her way around and into the problem areas with care, precision, and intuition, and virtually banished any strain from those muscles. My anxiety about the trip dissipated as the relaxation soaked in. I went on the trip, took good care of myself, and surfed nearly every day. I have since seen Anna Marie numerous times and she has always show the same ability to get to the root of the problem and fix what was ailing me. Thank you, Anna!" --J.W.
- "Anna Marie is an amazing massage therapist. She is so thoughtful and attentive so after each massage I always feel that I got exactly what I wanted and what my body needed." --E. F.
Andrew Hoilman, CMT
Andrew is a certified massage therapist through the Virginia Board of Nursing, and a graduate of the American Institute of Massage.
With a firm footing in music and the creative arts, Andrew brings an intuitive touch and flow that treats the human body as another form of art. This makes the massage unique to each client, every session. He balances therapeutic modalities (primarily deep tissue massage, trigger point, and neuromuscular therapy) with Swedish massage to achieve maximum results. Andrew is available most afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- I upgraded my massage with Andrew to 90 mins. and wow am I glad I did. Andrew was very thorough and professional and paid special attention to problem areas. He gave me helpful instructions for things I can do on my own between appointments to help with those areas. I am looking forward to my next session. Thank you for a wonderful experience!
- Andrew worked wonders on some irritating minor sports injuries I'd been dealing with. He even showed me some stretches to prevent them from occurring again. Very helpful and very relaxing!
- Andrew gave me what is truly one of the best massages I've ever had. He was very attentive to my comfort throughout the session and, from start to finish, it was perfect. I'd come daily if money permitted!
- Great experience! Definitely recommend Andrew and will be back to see him soon! He listened to my needs and paid attention to what my body was saying, asked questions and focused on my problem areas.
- Before I received my first massage from Andrew, I was a wreck. Between my exhaustive school and work schedule, I needed a break. Andrew’s body work brought me to a state of peace. Not only did he get multiple knots out of my back and neck, but he helped me relax my mind. I’ve since seen him several times! - S.F.
- You don't need to know Andrew very long before you begin to feel comfortable around him. I was able to easily drift away into the atmosphere of the massage. After the massage was over, I could tell there was a noticeable difference in the way that my muscles functioned (back and shoulders in particular) but also my neck was significantly less tense. I was really impressed with the self-treatment that he recommended after the massage in order to help achieve lasting results. - B.F.
- It is so wonderful getting a massage from Andrew! Andrew has a talent for adapting new massage techniques into his routine that really help with how I am feeling that day. I greatly appreciate his use of stretching and deep tissue in his massages. I have a tailbone injury and he did a great job listening to what I had to say and what my body was telling him to relieve the pain and increase the range of motion in my hip! It feels like I have a new body walking out of the massage. -G.B.